We are excited to announce that the Stoughton Children's Business Fair is back on for November 11th at River Bluff Middle School! The Innovation Center Stoughton Board of Directors voted unanimously to sponsor and host this year's event.
If you've already registered for this year's Fair, we have your registration. If you still need to register, click the green "Apply to the Fair" button at the top of this page.
We look forward to seeing you on November 11th at River Bluff Middle School!
- Innovation Center Stoughton
General Rules and Guidelines:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 6 - 14 on or before the day of the fair.
- The deadline to apply for the fair is 5pm on November 1st.
- All accepted entries will be automatically entered in the business competition, and booths will be judged on a variety of criteria, including most original business idea, highest business potential, and best presentation/creativity.
- Cash prizes of $50 per category and age group (to be split among the business owners) will be presented at the conclusion of the fair.
- No businesses requiring electricity or generators will be allowed.
- Each booth consists of a 6-foot table, full-cover tenting, and 2 chairs. Table covers are not provided.
- No more than 3 participants per booth/business idea.
- CBF will establish a FIRM cap of participants based on location and resources.
- CBF will take great care to limit the number of businesses in specific categories so as not to have too many similar business concepts.
- If an applicant’s business idea is similar to entries that were accepted before the applicant’s submission, the CBF will notify the applicant and provide the opportunity to resubmit a new application.
- Parents of younger children may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for setup, sales and interacting with the customers.
This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience.
Any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
- The deadline to apply is 5pm on November 1st.
- Please submit one application for each business. (Children working as a group may submit one application with all children’s info.)
- The competition will be judged in the following FOUR age categories: Ages 6-7, 8- 10, 11-12, and 13-14 in the following areas: Most Business Potential, Most Creative Idea, and Most Impressive Presentation.
- If children of different age groups prepare a booth together, they will be judged in the age group of the oldest participant.
- There will be NO soliciting personal/individual business sponsors for your child's product.
- Please note that you may help your child fill out the booth application, but depending on their age, they are expected to do as much as possible by themselves.
- Instead of an application fee at the time of submission, we will instead be collecting a $10 participation fee from all accepted business ideas.