Do you believe your child needs to learn how to think, innovate and create to be successful in the 21st century?
Do you believe your child should love to learn? That learning should be more than regurgitating information?
What if your child is far more capable than you ever imagined?
While the rest of society prepares for a vastly different world with artificial intelligence and automation, schools have not changed much since the 1800’s. They still run on an industrial factory model, moving students along in same-age groups in fixed blocks of time. Most students are expected to learn the material in the same way, at the same pace, and are typically rewarded for conforming.
That’s why two local parents started Tej Acton Academy
for their children in the Evergreen foothills of San Jose.
As part of their applied-learning curriculum, Tej Acton Academy, is hosting their 4th annual Tej Acton Children's Business Fair with 50 tables for children from 6-16 years of age.
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then sell their products for real money. Join us to give our kids real-world opportunities that integrate lessons in growth mindset, entrepreneurship, budgeting, and other essential skills.
- Kids (-not parents) have to do everything from idea to sale. This is not a fair for parents to promote their own business.
- There is a $40 fee for your child to have a table at the fair. You may have up to 3 children to one table/business.
- 1 table and 2 chairs per business will be provided. Each business must bring anything additional they need (canopy, tablecloth, etc.).
- This event is FREE to the community to come and support our children. Please bring cash/change/credit card to shop.
- Food is not allowed to be sold at the event because it would require a permit.
Date: Saturday, May 18th from 11am – 2pm
> Businesses setup at 10:00am. Awards Ceremony to be held at 1:30pm.
Location: Evergreen Village Square, San Jose, CA 95135
** If you would like to volunteer, donate, or be a sponsor at the event, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/x2PcLdT6KcmGXC21A
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. We are seeking photographers, videographers, successful entrepreneurs as judges, marketers, help with setup and breakdown, etc. **
The Children's Business Fair is just one example of how our school prepares our learners through engaging real-world projects. Academically, our tailored, Socratic learning, and small class sizes, guide students to mastery while inspiring curiosity and joy. Our proven methods in over 300 schools around the world, cultivate confident, self-motivated learners who are prepared for all facets of life.
- Small mixed-age classes
- Build self-motivated, independent learners
- Learn to embrace failures as opportunities
- Develop leadership skills and deep relationships amongst a collaborative and nurturing community of learners.
- Learn real-world 21st century skills through hands-on project-based learning and apprenticeships.
We offer in-person learning in small class sizes and accept students year-round for Kindergarten through Middle School (with high-school planned).
Tej Acton Academy is accredited with the IALDS and is affiliated with Acton Academy having over 300 locations in 25 countries. Acton Academy has been hailed by the US Education Secretary as a model of innovation in K-12 education in the US. Graduates of Acton Academy have been accepted to top-tier colleges, internships and jobs around the world.