Observe the opportunity for children to launch their very own startup business!
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace.
We will host 40 booths at the 1st Kidpreneurs Fair to be held at Silver Spring Community Fire Company, 6471 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA-17050 October 15th, 2022, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. A nominal cost of $20 per booth will be charged. Payments will be accepted at the day of the Fair in the welcome tent.
This event is hosted by Ashruta Shettar and Pradeep Patil-IT professionals and passionate parents of twin 6 year old girls. The event is sponsored by Acton Academy, the Acton School of Business, in collaboration with POWER Women Org, and the generous support of our donors and volunteers. We all believe that principled entrepreneurs are heroes and role models for the next generation.
Whether an entrepreneur is famous like Elon Musk or Oprah Winfrey or they are one of the thousands of unsung business owners across this country, these are the people who make sacrifices to innovate, create jobs and serve their communities.
- Please submit one application for each business. (Children working as a group may submit one
- application with all children’s info.)
- The competition will be judged in the following SIX age categories: Ages 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14 and 15-16.
- If children of different age groups prepare a booth together, they will be judged in the age group of the oldest participant.
- There will be NO soliciting personal/individual business sponsors for your child's product.
- Please note that you may help your child fill out the booth application, but depending on their age,they are expected to do as much as possible by themselves.
- We will begin to notify accepted applicants in early September , and will continue to receive applicants until we reach our cap of 40 businesses.
- Instead of an application fee at the time of submission, we will instead be collecting a e.g. $20 participation fee from all accepted business ideas.