Due to Covid-19, the DCBF will be conducted online.
The DCBF will be OPEN virtually on Saturday, October 10th, and will take place in a Private Facebook Group Marketplace.
There will be 2 simulations (practice launches) on the following Saturdays from 1:00 - 1:45 pm: 9/26, 10/3.
As a Young Entrepreneur (5-15 years old), here’s what you need to do:
- APPLY TO THE FAIR (see above).
- Up to a max of 3 children per business.
- You need a business name and an idea of what you are selling.
- The fee is $15 (See fee waiver details in info-pack)
- Application Due Date: September 20th, 2020
- Participate in the Simulation Saturdays before the CBF date
- What worked? What did not? What will be different next round? Any surprises?
- Share this experience twice on social media to get the fee waiver
- Open for business on Children’s Business Fair day on October 10th, 2020
For more information, please:
1) Check out our info-pack, or
2) Send an email with your query and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you.Stay Safe Everyone!Empowered Minds Academy DCBF2020 Organizers
Observe the opportunity for children to launch their very own startup business!
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace.
We will host up to 50 virtual booths via a Private Facebook Group Marketplace on October 10th, 2020 from 10:30 am – 3:30 pm.
This event is sponsored by Empowered Minds Academy, the Acton School of Business, and the generous support of our donors and volunteers. We all believe that principled entrepreneurs are heroes and role models for the next generation.
Whether an entrepreneur is famous like Elon Musk or Oprah Winfrey or they are one of the thousands of unsung business owners across this country, these are the people who make sacrifices to innovate, create jobs and serve their communities.