Ignite Your Child's
Observe the opportunity for children to launch their very own startup business!
Kids develop a brand, create a product or service, build a marketing strategy, and then open for customers at our one-day marketplace.
We will host 45 booths at the Orlando Public Library located at 101 E. Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801 on Sunday, November 17, 2019, from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. The application period opens on Saturday, August 17, 2019.
Please visit ocls.info/ocbf for additional details.
The Orlando Children’s Business Fair is brought to you by the Orange County Library System in conjunction with the Acton Academy, Acton School of Business, and the generous support of our partners and sponsors. We all believe that principled entrepreneurs are heroes and role models for the next generation.
Whether an entrepreneur is famous like Elon Musk or Oprah Winfrey or they are one of the thousands of unsung business owners across this country, these are the people who make sacrifices to innovate, create jobs and serve their communities.
Basic Rules & Guidelines
- Applicants must register using their own Orange County Library System regular, property owner or fee card in good standing.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 6 - 17 on or before the application deadline.
- OCLS will collect a $10 non-refundable participation fee from all accepted business ideas.
- OCLS will establish a FIRM cap of participants based on location and resources. Applications will be reviewed and considered in the order they are received.
- OCLS will take great care to limit the number of businesses in specific categories so as not to have too many similar business concepts. If an applicant’s business idea is similar to entries that were accepted before the applicant’s submission, OCLS will notify the applicant and provide the opportunity to resubmit a new application. OCLS reserves the right to deny an entry.
- Inappropriate content, including but not limited to profanity, vulgarity, excessive violence, drug or alcohol use, or material considered offensive to any religious or ethnic groups, gender, or physically or mentally challenged persons is not permitted.
- If selling food items: Only small, single serving, individually wrapped food items such as snack bars, crackers, or candy bars are permitted. Drinks are not permitted.
- Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by an adult or guardian.
- Each booth consists of a 6-foot table and 2 chairs. Table covers are not provided.
- Businesses requiring electricity will have access based on availability.
- No more than 3 participants per booth/business idea. Parents of younger children may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for setup, sales and interacting with the customers.
- All entries will be automatically entered in the business contest, and booths will be judged by fellow entrepreneurs on a variety of criteria, including most original business idea, highest business potential, and best presentation/creativity. The judges’ decisions are final.
- Cash prizes of $50 per category (to be split among the business owners) will be presented at the conclusion of the fair.
- This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience.
- Any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the contest.
- OCLS staff members and immediate family, including Board Members, are not eligible to partake in the contest.